A.Glass updates and insight (update 55)

 
(Home after four nights in a Vet Hospital.)  
 
  • Due date for 2180: Futurus Mortuus (e-book) is for late February or early March 
  • Art, design and creative expansion is a constant.


My cat on Friday the 24th January 2014 had kidney failure. The first Vet I took him too called me up at 3:00pm and advised that he go into an emergency veterinary hospital and be put on intravenous fluids.  So I rush him down to a veterinary hospital, he is seen late Friday afternoon.  Not a well boy.  The second Vet asks me if he has been chewing on indoor plants, because he is young and it is unusual in young cats to have such acute kidney failure.  I say yes he has, I am then told he will lose over 75% of kidney use if he makes it.  I leave him with the Vet and book in on the Saturday afternoon to see him.  Later that night I resigned my self to the fact that my cat, after six years of loyalty and an awesome companion, has to be put down.  Arriving at the hospital, the nurse takes me through to where the cat is receiving his IV fluids.  She says to me jokingly that we call Morbius (my cat)  "mega watts"  because he has attacked anyone that has gotten near him, nurses, Vets the whole works.  I smile.  That's my boy fighting this fucking world.  Entering the cat area of the hospital, all the other cats are sleeping, curled up in cages, Morbius is wide eyed, angry, trying to flick off the drip inserted into his upper paw.  He sees me and starts rubbing his head against the cage, he is happy.  I see the red card placed on his cage that reads "Severe.  Watch!" and I smile again.  Crouching down I pat him as he tries to get closer to my hand.  The nurses comment that he is happy to see me.  That he has been very difficult to handle, flinging himself at the cage, lunging at the nurses, claws out.

My cat remains at hospital for four nights, I visit him everyday.  He sees me, he eats his food, rubs against my hand and tries to escape the cage.  On the forth day the third Vet calls me and says that his “levels have dropped”, and his kidneys seem to have normalized. I am told by the Vet, that the levels were reduced by the IV fluids, at the same time she is unsure what was the cause of the “kidney failure”.  He can come home.  I pick him up and take him back to his home, first thing he does is rip off the bandages where the IV drip was inserted.  He eats like there is no tomorrow, drinks his water, goes to his bed and sleeps.

He wasn't ready to leave this existence just yet, he beat the problem into oblivion.  Pure will power, devoid of self consciousness. Just the desire to survive.


Comments