Charly Baltimore kills Die Hard 5

Look, I am kinda done with the 'bring out the old guys of action flicks and revamp them' thing that Hollywood seems impressed within this current wash cycle, to me that is re-enforcing male neurosis (getting old) of most Generation X'ers and also taking away the 'balls to wall, I got guts to fight' of young men'i.e they have become wimps.  It's all very tedious.  Bruce Willis (I do love, I mean 1987 Die Hard is still a stand alone action film classic), but he has popped up in three of those reinforced-neurotic-style-action flicks:  Expendables 2, GI Joe 2 and Die Hard 5 (haha).  I actually think the premise of Die Hard 5 could be good (haven't seen it yet), son and father fighting side by side, father with experience, son slightly neurotic and misguided as he falls back on the predictable and irritating 'aren't you old school dad?' Actually sans the action sequences, the plot looks thin and yes, tedious.  What might save it, is a tough older guy (Bruce Willis) beating sense into a younger guy (son) to fight the bad guys.  But the critics just ripped it apart so I'll wait for it on DVD.

Anyways, I want to see more Charly Baltimore's (Geena Davis character in the Last Kiss Goodnight - 1995).  Maybe a female version of Lone-wolf and Cub, you know a mother and her daughter cut their way through a sh*tload of adversaries.  That would be cool.

Long Kiss Goodnight Trailer
Oh also...Not to forget languishing on Amazon cloud and inundated electronic written word universe. Is my Fieke Wolf

Comments