EXCERPT: Y-3 FALL 2023:

 



"In mid 2022 I retired and laid to rest a silver/grey Y-3 polyamide zip jacket, although as melodramatic this might sound I had this jacket for over 10 years.   So, I created a ceremony to release its experiences which I shared with it, before it was thrown out.  Dry rot had affected the inner lining and the overall material began to perish.  Such is the significance that aesthetics can have or be absorbed with the wearer, nothing really last forever and time is an erosion of the material world.  And I have been reviewing Y-3 shows in that same decade timeframe.   And if you were not aware Y-3 is the master Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto's collaboration with the sports wear giant Adidas..."

___

Full review: chiasmusmagazine.blogspot.com/2023/02/y-3-fall-2023.html?m=1 

(A.Glass 2023)

Comments