Women as warriors - Tomyris 530BC

As the current war against women continues and I am not talking about those conservative morons and that 'label' attached to them by the other 'political' morons re: 'war on women ', as a catch phrase for political ends.  But there is a war on women being waged, lead by the age old superstitions of man.  From the East (epidemic) to the West (reaching epidemic stages).

Assaults against women in the military are astounding, let alone the increases in rape, murder, domestic violence in our general society.

There was a time before superstitions and religious dogma; Islam, Christian and Judaism (which is one of the main basis for the war on women.),  when women fought side by side with men.  As warriors.

A homage to female warriors.  Starting with Tomyris (Queen who reigned over the Massagetae, a pastoral-nomadic Iranic people of Central Asia east of the Caspian Sea, 530 BC.)



"Tomyris then sent a herald to Cyrus with the following demand: Restore my son to me and get you from the land unharmed, triumphant over a third part of the host of the Massagetai. Refuse, and I swear by the sun, the sovereign lord of the Massagetai, bloodthirsty as you are, I will give you your fill of blood. Cyrus ignored the message, however; and Spargapises, realizing his situation and not wanting to become a hostage, killed himself at the first opportunity.
Tomyris then collected all the forces of her kingdom and gave battle to Cyrus. According to Herodotus, it was a fearsome and lengthy conflict, but eventually the Massagetai prevailed, destroying the greater part of the Persian army and slaying Cyrus. After finding his body, Tomyris took a goatskin filled it full of human blood. She dipped Cyrus' head into the gore, saying, I live and have conquered you in fight, and yet by you am I ruined, for you took my son with guile; but thus I make good my threat, and give you your fill of blood.  

 (From: Taarna.net)

Comments