Reading: "SATRAN KAEVON" (A.Glass 2017)

 






I think it was East from their position. Early morning Dad and his unit moved out for the helicopter pick up." Caitlin stops lifting a glass of water.

"We won't continue with the recalling of events." Dr Ellis sits back into his chair again.

"Casey...I just don't feel like traumatizing myself over it. Yes, if I dig deeper and going back over emotional wounds. It's not going to be helpful. For me now, it's trying to understand why I am there...I've seen pictures, actually of the area where my Dad was last seen, the Iraqi desert. With the events of the last ten years, once again, the conflict there...the pain and loss of so many lives. When I dream, like I said, there is a stillness...It doesn't really feel part of the current world."

"Your reality?" Dr Ellis asks

"Yes, almost controllable...sounds odd I guess...We are not going parapsychology here?" Caitlin asks her senior colleague in a sardonic way, whilst chuckling.

Dr Ellis also smiles. "Dear me, you read my mind."

Both Feldstein and her colleague laugh as Dr Ellis also lifts a glass of water.

"If there are vivid recollections within rapid eye movement sleep and they are thought of without the trauma or anxiety attached. It maybe that you've now forgiven that personal lost. And moved on."

"Similar to visiting war memorials?" Feldstein replies nodding, understanding the analysis from Dr Ellis with a renewed clarity.

"That's right. A place of violence and suffering, years later after the War, there is peace and reconciliation and of course healing. It is the respect shown to loved ones who have been lost on that Ground of Death, that now is a place of Peace. Which is the duality of life and death, it then becomes a place of reflection. Serene."

"I understand, the dreams, although there is no memorial."

"The dream is the memorial. The structure, of course, you visit that place of pain and death with only those memories that affected you. Revisiting in your dreams, it is this process of letting go."

"Invaluable dear Casey, very much appreciated," Feldstein replies smiling.

"That's what we do. How is the your practice going Caitlin?"

Feldstein exhales. "Steady, building trust with clients is a challenge. There is a good rapport at the moment. Payment issues with various clients, not everything is covered with insurance. Some of my regular clients don't even have a policy. So, I have put in place payment plans."

"But you give ground level support and psychological assistance. Goes a long way, despite efforts of people trying to sort out their own issues, I daren't say on the Internet..."

"...Which only compounds the problems," Feldstein replies, finishing her colleague’s sentence.

"We're going to be busy."


___


Reading:  "SATRAN KAEVON"  (A.Glass 2017)

Comments