Homebrew/cocktails. My homemade "Spiced Rum" cocktail experiment
Not bad, however the Spiced Rum had a prominent cardamom taste, and I toned down the cinnamon, it almost had no sweetened taste, considering how much treacle and brown sugar I added prior to fermentation. And the All Spice added offered no real flavour change or difference. The salty, olive notes were there, but not as prominent as the previous Spiced Rum batch.
The cocktail experiment as follows:
Spiced Rum: 60 ml
Fresh Lemon Juice: 25 ml
White Tea Syrup (1:1 ratio, 15ml)
Brine, half teaspoon from Pickled chillies.
Fresh Lemon Juice: 25 ml
White Tea Syrup (1:1 ratio, 15ml)
Brine, half teaspoon from Pickled chillies.
Garnish with pickled chilli.
Surprisingly the above cocktail experiment, did take the edge off the cardamom taste, but the White Tea/sugar aspect was very benign, the Lemon juice worked, as did the pickled chilli brine. I will attempt again at some point, with a tweak to the Rum ingredients and cocktail.



Comments
Post a Comment