Reading: "Oracles Mysterium" (A.Glass 2022). Promocard and animation (A.Glass 2022).






And your father?”

I never knew him, my mother had a fling with a guy in the early Eighties at a hotel in Hollywood and well, I was created. What I do know, is apparently he was in the military. I think, not too sure, that he was killed in combat, Iraq, I’ve been told...Adalyn replies, wiping a tear from her left eye. She retains her composure. “...My sister, had a different father.”

I wasn't aware,” the psychologist replies.

Adalyn nods, feeling detached from any memories of her sister and their separate father's, without any biological connection of family sentiment. “No idea who he was.”

Did it make you feel displaced?”

Yes, very much so. Now, with my mother's memory fading pretty bad. It's like your legacy, history, everything is going also. Does that make sense?”

I understand...” Dr Tobius replies.

The day I visited my sister's grave, I saw...” Adalyn closes her eyes. “...two dead foxes on the road.” She begins to cry, “...I remember them, together, once I saw them in evening at the cemetery, a year ago. The Vixen and the Tod fox, like they were inseparable, in love, so beautiful...” She opens her eyes, looking at the psychologist. “...Both killed, feet away from each other, by this fucking Los Angeles traffic, needlessly slaughtered on a roadway. You know, this pandemic, I hoped everything would slow down, our society, take a breath from all our fast paced bullshit. But, no, it's just sped up and full steam ahead. Vaccinations to get everyone back to work, all running on the spot again...” Adalyn exhales, wiping her eyes with a tissue. “...Fuck the human race...”

Dr Tobius doesn't reply, but rather in a trained and subtle way observes Adalyn.

...Like I have no background, nothing. It does hit hard sometimes...” Adalyn looks down at the carpeted floor of the psychologist's office, studying the geometric patterns, she then looks at Dr Tobius. “...I feel like a ghost.”

But you are alive,” he replies.

Yeah, but this ain't my world.”



___


Reading: "Oracles Mysterium"  (A.Glass 2022) 

Promocard and animation (A.Glass 2022)

Comments