Moodboard: 1982 arcade games news report.

 


"In 1983 my friends and I used to see a movie, buy some McDonalds and then with the change that we had left over, which was supposed to have for public transport, I would make them use that on arcade games.  I would have them all go to the local wishing pond located at Treasury Gardens, to fish out more loose change that was thrown into the pond for wishes, to be used for more video game playing, but in a rougher part of the city, before crossing over to where we lived, to the nicer part.   It was a long walk, but adventurous.  Yes, a lot of moaning and groaning by these school friends at the time, about walking into the bad part of town, that they had no money for transport, their feet were aching etc, etc, etc.  But, for me it was a glorious adventure.   Fond memories."  

Comments