Reading: "Dead Cities of the Stars" from RITUALS OF THE ANTITHETICAL (A.Glass 2023)

 






“Yes it is...” Deliah replies, holding the glass with both hands between her her thighs. “...So, San Francisco. Went well?” She asks, as Dalens turns and looks at the now darkened skyline from Delilah’s apartment window, he then faces the woman sitting in front of him.
“It did, investigation into a Hedge Fund evolved in the crypto market. An asset with no value. But, away from the assignment. San Francisco held a more significant reason for me.”
“Your past?”
“My mother’s, she debuted as an actress at The Curran Theater in Nineteen Eighty Four. It was however, unexpected to see that theater on my last evening in San Francisco…” Lifting his glass, Dalens has another sip of Rum, he then briefly thinks of Denise Bianchi, the person who hired him for the job. Their dinner together and subsequent tryst later that evening. “...It is still an era that I sometimes think about.”
“Of your upbringing?” Deliah asks, aware of Dalens past and its obscurity.
“My realizations, which occurred at such an early age.”
“You are still my teacher Arvie. I owe a lot to you...” Deliah says, as she uncrosses her legs, leaning forward and placing the glass of Rum near the gift that Dalens had given her. “...But, I must ask you. The past is still a study. But to what extent do we need to draw from its shadow?”
“Very good Delilah. I agree. However, I am only looking at a segment of the past, as it appears in my dreams and visions. An experience, many years ago in the early Eighties.

___


Reading:  "Dead Cities of the Stars"  from RITUALS OF THE ANTITHETICAL (A.Glass 2023)

Comments