Concept image of my character "Essy Zabel", from the short story Sybil of Doom, part of the 'Rituals of the Antithetical' novel (A.Glass 2023). I used an AI rendering program for this project, with a slew of word prompts to get the character right. Which it kinda did, with some interesting aspects, note the eyes, one hazel and one green. Not exactly how I perceived the character's aesthetics, but not bad at all. And yes, the face is all my creation. Can you tell? (update 10). 'GRACIOUS.ALIEN' - Spring 2025.





*Update 10*

GRACIOUS. ALIEN controversial "Blood" Pre-Fall 2021 collection.  Back story and more pics soon.



GRACIOUS.ALIEN Resort 2025







*Update 9*
GRACIOUS.ALIEN Spring Summer 2025 collection.  
More images soon.
(Image: All concepts, names, style/fashion and facial characteristics: A.Glass 2024)


*Update 8*

Preview of GRACIOUS.ALIEN Spring Summer 2025 collection.  





*Update 7*

*GRACIOUS.ALIEN Resort - 2024
(Note: the model/s face slightly change, still based off mine, in the 2nd and 3rd images)









*Update 6*

Essy Zabel for *GRACIOUS.ALIEN - Autumn/Winter 2024 collection.  Fine wools, mycelium 'leather', rayon and linen scarf/inlays.

*(A.Glass 2024)



*Update 5*

This is my final image of Essy for awhile.  I do prefer ambiguity in characters, yet I have been very impressed in how I could manipulate the "AI" rendering program to completely fit my requirement for Essy Zabel.  Although, it was an effort steering the outcome, the final result after countless attempts came through.  From designing the clothes, runway sets, lighting, styles, and of course, if you not aware, that is in fact, based off my own *face.    The above image was chosen to be part of the up and coming XENOSTRUCTURALISM V catalogue, with a reading from 'Sybil of Doom', of my 2023 novel "RITUALS OF THE ANTITHETICAL".  A preview can be viewed here.

*And no, I was not influenced by the 1973 David Gerrold novel, "The Man Who Folded Himself".  As quirky as it is, one cannot deny, while being tantalized by these endless possibilities.  Right?



*Update 4*

Friday night Essy!  I got rid of the crowd, and all their blurry melted faces.  Fixed up Essy's attire, removed the belt and gave her a more flowing darker style.  The face is, well, mine, reworked (obviously) and consistent with the other images below.  AI got my eye colour correct, hence the model has the same.  The runway show was held in a cleaned up part of the Freedom Tunnel, under Riverside Park, NYC.  Resort 2024.   






*Update 3*

The above *images are based off the characteristics (in all of its deaging 'moi' glory) of the images below, so this is essentially "Essy Zabel".  I have removed the zips, added some drapey flows, gave the runway some 'raw architecture' aesthetics.  And yes, AI rendering programs have many flaws, yet they could assist in ideas and concepts.  I usually like my written characters to be physically ambiguous.  But, Zabel in "Sybil of Doom" is a model.  So, the collection she is wearing would be of a Spring 2024 array, and below Winter 2023. 

*Note, second pic, which I like a lot, as she is looking away from the camera.  Thus, spontaneity gives it realism.   Also note, the crowd.  Who look like they're melting.  Which is very cool and surreal.




*Update 2*

These images above is about as close conceptually, I perceived Essy Zabel to be.   The fashion concepts are mine, and took a lot of prompts to achieve the look that I wanted (actually, not a fan of exposed zips).  Also note, that scar (afterall it is my face, with all its wear and tear) above the left eye, below image, I tried to keep on these images, but the rendering program kept messing up the eyes.  Hence, a human artist would come into play for this, maybe with the next images.
    


*Update 1*

A better image, the eyes are even and I figured out why.  I had a Subconjunctival hemorrhage on my left eye, looks like a tattooed pupil in all red.  It has since cleared up.  So, AI read it as a different colored eye.  And fucked up the eye colours.  Although there appears to be a scar over the left eyelid, which I like. 

(Image: All concepts, names, style/fashion and facial characteristics: A.Glass 2024)


*READING: "SIBYL OF DOOM" FROM RITUALS OF THE ANTITHETICAL (A.GLASS 2023)

___

*Please note, there will be no more readings from my archived books in the foreseeable  future.  I have a new book due in 2024.


Comments