quote: "CATACLYSMAL" (A.Glass 2017)

 





She is a senior cosmologist and theoretical physicist, who has just released a new book titled The Mysterious Cosmos and also of late has been deemed by Business People Magazine as the, yes, this was their polling, sexiest physicist of the year Elly Jansky.”
The curtains open and a woman in her mid thirties walks towards the host shaking his hand. She is tall, blond and elegantly dressed. The crowd applauds as the talk show host politely offers Jansky a seat. She then sits as does the host of the show.
“Well, thank you very much Elly for joining us here tonight and as the introduction has revealed you are considered the sexiest physicist of the year.”
Jansky smiles, with her right hand pushing back her mid length blond hair.
“Kinda grimacing on this so called title...I don't think it was chronologically listed as a victory, and of course there was a lot of male colleagues on that so-called list...What was I fifth or something?”
“Third...”
“There you go, I guess you can see how relevant I thought that article was...But If it gets more people interested in physics and the very important discussion of our place in the cosmos. I'll take it...”
The crowd laughs.
“Your new book...” The hosts holds up the front of the book. “...The Mysterious Cosmos. For the unsophisticated, when it comes to Space, like myself, I would have to say that this was easy to understand, in the sense, I now know that the Earth...” The hosts flips through the book in a mimicking way, stopping at random page. “...Isn't the center of the Universe.”
The audience laughs.
“I daren't see your education qualifications,” Jansky replies in a droll manner. The audience chuckles at her sardonic retort
."

___

Comments